The HSRC is implementing the South African National HIV prevalence, Incidence, Behaviour, and Communication Survey (also known as SABSSM VI).
Are you currently a student or are recently retired and you need to earn extra money working over weekends or in the afternoons/evenings? We urgently need to employ data collectors AND community liaison officers across the country. Due to the diversity and operational needs for the successful implementation of the survey, we need to employ individuals whose home language is Afrikaans or who can speak Afrikaans fluently.
• Successful candidates will be responsible for the implementation of the survey by undertaking liaison with communities and key stakeholders or collecting data in households using electronic tablets to interview selected participants.
• Attend training sessions in full.
• Successful candidates will be required to work within a team.
• Provide potential participants information about the project.
• Collect dried blood spots (DBS) from children and adults.
• Ensure quality work by following processes, procedures, and steps, outlined in the training manual.
• Manage fieldwork expenses by completing reconciliations following HSRC rules and regulations.
• Manage assets provided by HSRC.
• Minimum qualification of Grade 12.
• Above-average ability to read, write and speak in Afrikaans.
• Familiarity with the use of electronic tablets.
• Prior relevant working experience in sales, promotions, teaching or having worked in research will be advantageous.
• Willingness to work in a team.
• Willingness to travel long distances, within and outside of one’s province when required.
• Willingness to visit selected households during weekends and after hours.
• Having a valid driver’s license will be an added advantage.
• Proven ability to exercise discretion in dealing with confidential or sensitive matters
Please send your CV and a covering letter to Yolande Shean on email@example.com