SABSSM VI• SABSSM VI
SABSSM-series commissioned in 2002 by Nelson Mandela Foundation; Nelson Mandela took leadership of HIV in the country. National household data collection provides strategic insight into the progression of the HIV epidemic and other key health indicators. The survey series has become a strategic series to collect data that monitors the trends of HIV which is of both national and global importance.
One of the defining aspects of the SABSSM series is that it has been led by South African researchers. The project has demonstrated the power of building your “own timber” through capacity building – Study directors – over all PIs, some data collectors in 2002 – are leading the study, some interns recruited in 2002 now hold PH.D’s. This series changed the narrative that researchers from the North lead research in the South, while the researchers in the South were only seen as data collectors and collaborators. The series has brought various local and international agencies and institutions together in the AIDS response for the purpose of mitigating the HIV epidemic in the country.
South Africa needs you:
– Play your part and build a South Africa we can all be proud of: participate in this survey
– Have your say in shaping government’s future health, HIV and COVID-19 policies and monitor existing programmes: participate in this survey
– Show you care about how HIV affects and impacts you and your fellow South Africans, regardless of race, class, sex or religion: participate in this survey
– Make South Africa stronger by contributing to the knowledge we have about HIV and Health: participate in this survey
– Give us an hour of your time!
– Fully participate in the survey by completing the questionnaire and providing a blood specimen
– Allow our fieldworkers access to your homes
– Ensure we have good information by answering honestly
For more information on the FAQs please click on the link below:
- Download FAQs (in pdf format)
To download the FLYERS please click on the links below: