The CEO of the Human Sciences Research Council (HSRC), Prof Crain Soudien, cordially invites you to attend our second Racism Dialogue panel discussion on 14 June 2016 at the Durban International Convention Centre.
The theme for the Racism Dialogue series is “Racial inequalities and racism in South Africa: history, mechanisms & ideas for change”. The Durban leg will focus on “Racial inequalities and racism: Visions and ideas for change”.
We are pleased to announce an exciting group of speakers for our Durban event. The discussion will be chaired and moderated by media personality Ms. Siki Mgabadeli.
Panelists included in this round will be:
– Prof. Kevin Durrheim – Professor of Psychology in the School of Applied Human Sciences, UKZN
– Dr Kira Erwin – Senior Lecturer at the DUT’s Urban Futures Centre
– Dr Kenneth Tafira – Postdoc Fellow at the Archie Mafeje Research Institute, UNISA
– Dr Thokozani Mhlambi – musicologist, editor of Afropolitan Explosiv
– Ms. Panashe Chigumadzi – storyteller, founder and editor of Vanguard Magazine
You can follow the discussion on Twitter via @HSRCza and use the hashtag #RacismDialogues
Date: 14 June 2016
Venue: International Convention Centre, 45 Bram Fischer Rd, Durban
Time: 9:30 for 10:00 – 13:00
Please RSVP with Mr Solly Lebelo at email@example.com
Livestream link below:
DOWNLOAD PROGRAMME BELOW