Date : 24 March 2010
Ike’s Books in Durban invites you to a launch and discussion of Promoting Mental Health in Scarce Resource Contexts on Wednesday the 24th of March. More info …
About the book
Promoting mental health demands actions that improve resilience in individuals, families and communities, and ensure health enhancing policy and legislative frameworks. These actions are at the heart of human development and can assist in improving social and economic prospects for people in low-to middle income countries.
The book provides a conceptual and theoretical base for the application of mental health promotion and prevention of mental disorders in low-resource settings – offering examples of evidence-based programmes across the lifespan.
With contributions from a range of experts, including Inge Petersen, Arvin Bhana, Alan J Flisher, Leslie Swartz & Linda Richter, ‘Promoting mental health in scarce-resource contexts: Emerging evidence and practice’ is a must read text for students and practitioners, policy-makers and planners, as well as anyone with an interest in improving mental and public health in South Africa.
- Date: Wednesday, 24 March 2010
- Time: 5:30 PM for 6:00 PM
- Venue: Ike’s Books, 48 Florida Road, Durban| Map
- RSVP: Ike’s Books, 031 303 9214
- Promoting mental health in scarce-resource contexts: Emerging Evidence and Practice by Inge Peterson, Arvin Bhana, Alan Flisher, Leslie Swartz, Linda Richter